Sunday, May 20, 2012

Nobody Ever Drowned in His Own Sweat!

The way I see it, bikes are the modern day equivalent to horses.  That being said, I found a website dedicated to cowboy quotes and sayings (http://www.coolnsmart.com/cowboy_quotes/)!  Speaking of sweat, the last few rides I have come home thoroughly drenched in it, needing a shower to warm up fast.  When you burn that many calories in that short a period of time your metabolism goes a little crazy.  It's no different than needing to take care of a horse after a long run, the sweat cools you off, but as soon as you stop you need to get it off of you before you get too cold!  A trek teammate and I went on a 35 mile ride yesterday, it was his longest ride ever, and the longest ride I have done all season thus far.  We both did great.  I burned 1300 calories and came home a raging starving beast! I really feel like I am ready for the Trek Across Maine, and all my training from here until June 14th when we depart is all extra and will just make it that more enjoyable of an adventure.
Here is our ride from yesterday:



View Larger Map



We did two roads that had brutal hills in them, both roads had the word "hill" in them; Beech Hill Road in Northport, ME and Oak Hill in Swanville, ME.  We went through at least three towns, sometimes two passes through. I have almost officially reached my own personal goal of looking good in a bikini again, almost all of my belly fat is gone!  It has taken so much hard work to slim down, and belly fat is the hardest to get rid of!

A little update for our Athenahealth team, we now have 102 riders on our team!  Amazing!

I have reached my goal of raising $500, thanks to all who helped donate money!
I just need some new gear and I am ready to go.  Last year we borrowed small tent and things to sleep in, I have my LL Bean sleeping bag this year, it should be very comfortable.  So all I really need now is a new tent, a new pair of bike shorts and maybe some other new active wear, a couple pair of new shorts because I have none that I fit into, and some rain gear, a new solar charger for my phone, and all the little things like toiletry bags, and powerbars, powerade and other necessary things to fill my camelpak and just odds and ends.

Live Free, Ride Hard!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment